This course is a comprehensive introduction to wet felting! Explore the history and the process of wet felting by learning all the steps needed to create a finished, lined purse.
Instructions will include the use of tools for preparing the wool, elementary color theory and design, and pattern construction for the bag and its fabric lining. This class will include some machine and hand sewing. By the end of this class, you will have the knowledge to create a purse of your own design!
Week 1 (April 4 or 11): Introduction
- Exercise: Shrink test
- Exercise: Flat (coin pocket)
- Exercise: Balloon (small vessel)
Week 2 (April 18): Purse
- Paper Design
- Select felting materials
- Make purse resist and lining pattern
- Prepare batts ready to felt
Week 3 (April 25): Wet Work
- Felt form (ready to dry)
- Make adjustable handle (ready to dry)
- Pick fabric and start lining
- Choose and/or make embellishments
Week 4 (May 2): Construction
- Finish lining
- Finish embellishments
- Finish purse: attach closers, insert lining, attach embellishments
Class starts on April 4, 2018 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm and continues every Wednesday through April 25th.
Instructor: Susan de Wit
Class fee: $130.00, includes all materials. Register online and mail a check or bring payment to the first class.
The location for this classes is Wit Art @ the Fiber Arts Center of Wichita at 751 George Washington Boulevard.