Help us host a successful conference!
We are looking for instructors with great ideas, projects and techniques to share! Formal teaching experience is NOT required – if you have an idea and can show a group of fellow fiber enthusiasts how to do it, please submit the form below.
Breakout sessions must be based on a fiber art process, technique or project. Topics might deal with weaving, spinning, fiber prep, dyeing, felting, knit or crochet, basketry, stitching, lace or related techniques.
- All applications will be reviewed by the committee so we can provide for a variety of interests and experience levels.
- Deadline for applications is JUNE 30, 2021 (or until all available spots are taken). Applications may be submitted online (scroll down for the form) or by mail (postmarked by the deadline). Application form to download and print
- We require at least one high-quality photo of the process or finished product for use on the website; after submitting the form, email picture(s) to email@example.com with the session name in the subject line.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent out after the deadline via email. Details on parking, setup and other information will be provided at that time.
- Instructors will provide supplies and materials, but may request that attendees bring items or tools such as scissors, needles, etc. List these on the proposal form.
- Attendees will select sessions during registration, but will pay instructors directly at the beginning of the class. Please state the total fee for your session in the application. Collecting those fees will be the responsibility of each instructor.
- Organizers will provide a class list to each instructor by Oct. 25.
- If there are openings, they may be filled at sign-in on Friday, Nov. 5 or Saturday, Nov. 6.
- All events will be under the control and direction of the chairperson(s) for this event.
- Neither the Kansas Alliance of Weavers & Spinners, nor Wichita Weavers, Spinners & Dyers Guild, nor the Augusta United Methodist Church will be held responsible for any loss or damage that may occur.
- Although the host group will make every effort to secure the building, each instructor will be solely responsible for their own property and any consequential or other loss, injury or damage to person or property.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org