Wichita Weavers, Spinners and Dyers Guild meeting
Saturday April 2, 2011
10:00 am – noon
*Wichita State University campus
- Approval of minutes
- Discuss plans for final meeting in May
- Slate of Officers for 2011-2012 presented for vote at May meeting
- Nuno pieces not yet submitted bring for the KAWS table, April 15/16 meeting, Manhattan. Explanatory statement needed, if possible, about your “Personal Icon” or write one while at meeting. We’ll plan to make a practice display.
- Fiber Directions, a national exhibit, opened at the Wichita Center for the Arts on Friday, March 25
- Other topics as may arise
Nancy Squire will present her collection of seven new beautiful Navajo woven rugs purchased last month at a special auction for Navajo weavers in Crown Point, New Mexico.
*Directions: From Hillside, turn into WSU at the entrance where the Football Memorial stands. Parking lots are on the left, McKnight Hall on right. Go to the north wing of McKnight and look for a Guild sign on the brown double doors!