In this class, you will learn how to develop a pattern and line the inside of a felted bag – and make a zippered pocket in the lining! You will also learn how to hand stitch the lining in with a hidden stitch.
Some basic hand and machine sewing knowledge required.
This is a follow-up to the Felted Purse class taught by Susan de Wit on Sept. 15, but you may bring any felted purse!
Classes will be held on Wednesday evenings, October 6 and 13, from 6 to 9 pm.
Masks are required to help keep everyone safe!
Instructor: Malissa Long
Class fee $90. Register online and submit $30 via PayPal to reserve your spot. Bring the remaining $60 (cash, check, credit/debit card) to the first class.
Materials to bring:
- Felted purse, 8.5″ x 11″ or smaller
- 1/2 yard of fabric & matching thread
- 7″ zipper with metal or plastic teeth (not invisible)
- Sewing machine, if you have one
Instructor will provide:
- A selection of dupion fabric and zippers (extra fee)
- A few sewing machines will be available for use in class – PLEASE NOTE IN COMMENTS FIELD ON REGISTRATION FORM IF YOU NEED ONE
The location for all classes is the Fiber Arts Center of Wichita at 751 George Washington Boulevard.
Enter through the double door off Morris St. (south side of building).