The next meeting (January 4, 2014) will be at WSU starting at 10:00 am with social half hour starting at 9:30 am. Please see below for what to bring and what to do before the workshop. The guild will be picking up the expenses and Paula is donating her time and knowledge! I am sure you are as excited about this workshop as I am! Hope to see you there!
Nancy Mercer, Guild President
PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE THINGS, BRING THEM WITH YOU!
I have some of everything but not enough if we have a big group.
- Lid from plastic tub ( big enough to put patterns for both feet)
- At least 2 towels that are big enough to fit over the lid
- Pan or insulated bottle, thermos
- Hot plate for heating water, electric tea kettle
- Cardboard to make pattern for both feet
- Tulle fabric or nylon mesh ( I have used all different kinds) This just needs to be porous…
- Rubber shelf liner/non-skid mat (optional but nice)
- Ladle or turkey-baster
- Bubble wrap if you have some. I do some…
- Stretching ties like nylon strips of pantyhose
- Pool noodle, hose, wooden roller bar, old sweeper hose or parts…
- Heavy gloves (I will bring a box)
- If you have something you would like to use for embellishing
I will bring lots of colored wool for your picking. You will need .50 to .70 oz for top of slipper.
I WILL BRING EVERYONE ABOUT 4OZS OF ICELANDIC WOOL FOR 3 LAYERS BOTTOM AND 2 LAYERS FOR TOP. LAST TOP LAYER IS THE EMBELLISHING.
***SEE THIS DOCUMENT FOR HOW TO HAVE YOUR FOOT PATTERN DONE BEFORE THE WORKSHOP. THIS WILL SAVE US SOME TIME. WE WILL MAKE THE CARDBOARD RESIST AFTER YOU PICK OUT WHICH WOOL.
I have found that even the same breeds can need different allowances.