Whether you are brand new to needle crafts or are a seasoned knitter wanting to branch out, crochet is a fun, portable craft to ignite your creativity.
In this 4-hour workshop, you will learn all the fundamentals to get you started! We will go over materials used for crochet, making a foundation chain and basic stitches including slip stitch, single crochet, half-double crochet, and double crochet. Work through a few swatches to practice the different stitches, and then using these skills, create a simple ear warmer, perfect for chilly weather or a great last-minute gift!
Class will be held on Saturday, November 18th, 2023 from 12:30-4:30pm.
Instructor: Jenny Durham
Class fee $60. Register online and submit $20 via PayPal to reserve your spot. Bring the remaining $40 (PayPal, check or exact cash) to class.
Materials to bring:
- 10mm crochet hook (size N)
- At least 100 yds Super Bulky weight yarn (non-textured, preferably in a lighter color) for ear warmer project
- Note on yarn: Please avoid eyelash yarn, ribbon, boucle, metallic yarn or anything textured; also avoid really dark yarns like navy and black, they make learning to crochet VERY difficult and frustrating!)
- Recommended yarns: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, Lion Brand Hometown USA, or Bernat Softee Chunky
Instructor will provide:
- Yarn for practice swatches and any other tools/materials for use in class
The location for all classes is the Fiber Arts Center of Wichita at 751 George Washington Boulevard.
Enter through the double door off Morris St. (south side of building).