In this 3-session class, you will learn how to draw and blend color with different stitches. You will take those stitches and fabric to create a 6″ x 6″ piece of art.
Students are encouraged to bring their own picture to work from. Instructor will also have an image and kit as an alternative.
Session 1: Learn to control the machine and make sample stitch patterns and plan layout.
Session 2: Add fabrics as desired and begin stitching
Session 3: Finish stitching and learn how to mount on framed canvas.
Basic sewing machine knowledge is required.
Classes will be held on three successive Wednesday evenings, November 3, 10 and 17, from 6 to 9 pm.
Masks are required to help keep everyone safe!
Instructor: Malissa Long
Class fee $135. Register online and submit $45 via PayPal to reserve your spot. Bring the remaining $90 (cash, check, credit/debit card) to the first class.
Materials to bring:
- Sewing machine if you have one
- Open toe foot for your machine
- Lots of thread colors found in your image (or in one of the images below)
- Fabric scraps for creating basic shapes of items in picture
Instructor will provide:
- Basic materials for creating art (canvas fabric and stabilizer)
- Gallery wrapped canvas for mounting finished artwork
- A selection of dupioni fabric for backgrounds (extra fee)
- Optional kit (image + thread + background fabric) $15
- A few sewing machines will be available for use in class – PLEASE NOTE IN COMMENTS FIELD ON REGISTRATION FORM IF YOU NEED ONE
The location for all classes is the Fiber Arts Center of Wichita at 751 George Washington Boulevard.
Enter through the double door off Morris St. (south side of building).