Have you seen the new fall magazines featuring gorgeous cabled sweaters? Good news – cable knitting is WAY easier than it looks! If you know how to knit and purl, this 2-hour class will help you take your knitting to a new level.
Learn how to read text instructions and charts, and make a cabled coffee cup sleeve with or without buttons. Learn about different types of cables and get tips on project planning and adding cables to favorite patterns.
Decide whether you want to make the buttoned or plain version, and bring your own needles and yarn (this is a great project for leftovers). Get ready to start cabling, and amaze yourself with your new skills!
This is not a ‘learn to knit’ class, but is appropriate for all levels of knitters. Participants need to be able to cast on, knit and purl, increase, decrease and bind off.
Date: Sunday, November 13, 2022 from 1:30 – 3:30 pm
Instructor: Sharon Barnes
Class fee $25. Register online and submit $10 via PayPal to reserve your spot. Bring the remaining $15 (cash, check, PayPal accepted) to class.
Materials to bring:
- Worsted weight wool or wool-blend yarn (at least 50 yards, in a center-pull ball). Any solid color is good, but lighter is better.
- Size 7 or 8 knitting needles – circular, straight or double-pointed
- Cable needle OR double-pointed needle smaller than project needles
- To finish your project, you will also need either two 7/8″ buttons or a third needle for the bind-off
Instructor will provide:
- Exclusive pattern
- Cable knitting tips & tricks
The location for all classes is the Fiber Arts Center of Wichita at 751 George Washington Boulevard.