Are you looking for a cozy craft to get you through the dreary days of winter? Knitting is the perfect craft to learn in the cold months and as a bonus, you will always have plenty of warm hats, scarves and socks on hand!
In this 4-hour workshop, you will learn the basics of knitting including casting on, the knit and purl stitch and how to finish your projects. Work through a few swatches to practice, and then using your new skills, create a warm, bulky cowl, perfect for chilly weather or a great last-minute gift!
Class will be held on Saturday, December 9th, 2023 from 12:30-4:30pm.
Instructor: Jenny Durham
Class fee $60. Register online and submit $20 via PayPal to reserve your spot. Bring the remaining $40 (PayPal, check or exact cash) to class.
Materials to bring:
- Knitting needles, size US 11 or US 13
- 1-2 balls/skeins of Bulky or Super Bulky Weight Yarn (non-textured, lighter colored) for cowl project
- Note on yarn: Please avoid eyelash yarn, ribbon, boucle, metallic yarn or anything textured; also avoid really dark yarns like navy and black, they make learning to knit VERY difficult and frustrating!)
- Recommended yarns: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, Lion Brand Hometown USA, or Bernat Softee Chunky
Instructor will provide:
- Yarn for practice swatches and any other tools/materials for use in class
The location for all classes is the Fiber Arts Center of Wichita at 751 George Washington Boulevard.
Enter through the double door off Morris St. (south side of building).